Skip to main content

NaPro Doctor Details, The Root of Distrust and a Prayer for Faith when it is lacking


Another post written months ago, before we saw those two pink lines...I want you to see the journey the Lord has taken me on as I had to wrestle with my sin and pray for faith that was lacking. The Father is a good Father, that gives generously to those who ask...

3.7.19
It’s amazing that I wrote the previous blog entry above 5 months ago, and I’m being drawn back to them now (March 2019). The Lord has been doing some digging up work in me, in Brett, in our family over these past few months. There has been SO MUCH growing and learning, it’s hard to even know how to write it all out, or if I can. What I do know as I’m fighting war against my flesh now, is that wow, do we have a Father that pursues and calls us to Himself.

Over the last couple of months, the Lord has been growing me in the area of prayer, and it has led to a lot of divine moments in being called to specifically pray for specific areas in specific people’s lives. I am praying over several friends who are waiting-waiting for healing, waiting for marriage, waiting for babies, and here I circle back around to a waiting period as well. One I’ve had lots of practice with, but still am not that great at doing well.

While I am so thankful to have found Creighton model charting for fertility, and it has led us to an amazing doctor with some answers, 
we wait again…

The doctor seems to think that I have endometriosis, so we have scheduled surgery for June 12th. The first opening was in May, so I just decided to push it to June when school is out. I will also at that time, have part of a fibroid removed, another hsg test to see if my fallopian tubes are open, and a look in the uterus to check for possible infection.

3 months…
While I was super excited to finally find a doctor to have a possible answer to painful periods and infertility, I was a little discouraged to have surgery so far away. I wanted to do it like that day…It’s the curse of living in this fallen world of instant gratification.
Yet, in the same instant, I felt the Lord saying “it’s because I have far greater plans for you than an instant surgery fix. I am pushing surgery because I want to show you my power and have you not depend on charting or answers from a doctor.” But also, I immediately questioned whether I should even verbalize that or if it was in my own head. Why? 
Because at the root of it, if I’m honest, there is a distrust.

I also pondered the thought of just starting the adoption process again…but again, not sure what’s my personal desire and where the Lord’s leading. As the Lord has worked on my heart in the area of prayer, I am reminded to pray and posture myself in such a position to be so in tuned to the Lord that my desires and where the Lord is leading are one…where there’s no question about that and I don’t let the enemy have a foothold in my life to place doubt.

You see, I also have a tendency to rush into the next phase of life rather than sitting still and enjoying where the Lord has me now. (Even as I get ready to publish this for other eyes to see, I'm still struggling to enjoy the moment in time and place where God has me). I never want to be ungrateful for what we have right now in this moment. I never want to rush away this time with my boys or rush away Connor being the youngest. I know the Bible is clear on seasons of being still.

I was blessed to be invited to a women’s conference with a friend where the Lord really revealed through the speakers there that there is a difference between head knowledge and REALLY believing in our hearts. Only the Lord can help us do that, because after all, our hearts are above all deceitful.
So, I sit here typing this while a battle is going on inside as I ponder, where in my heart, I’m not truly believing the gospel, where I’m not fully believing the Lord.

And I know at some root of it, I’m not wanting to hope for pregnancy because, although as I’m studying Genesis and God has done it time and time again, I am beginning to see 
I don’t believe He’ll do it for me. 

I also am letting satan have a foothold and bringing up so much guilt for desiring that. Guilt that I should be so thankful for what I have right now and that I shouldn’t bother God for something more.
It’s always an endless circle. But as I listened to Maria Durso this morning, faith is a gift from God, and where I lack faith, I can confidently ask the Lord to give it to me. 

So I am asking for faith, Father, that I will believe you will grow our family in miraculous ways!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Answered Prayer

The news we have been waiting for... We are MATCHED!!! This last week has been a beautiful whirlwind as we received news on Monday that an expectant mom, "K", that we had presented to wanted to talk with Brett and I on the phone to "confirm" us as the family chosen to parent her sweet baby. The Lord continues to be in every detail and we are so overwhelmed by His grace and faithfulness! We received an email that they were looking for a couple to match with this mom back in March. We were presenting to another expectant mom at the time so were unable to have our profile shown to her then. We did not match with the mom we presented to at that time and received two no's before our consultant sent an email saying that K had not matched with anyone yet, and they were reaching back out to see if any other families were interested. We of course said YES, and all I could think about was that she didn't match in March because that was our baby...I also said

"Their Hearts are Steadfast, Trusting in the Lord"

A verse I had no idea would grow to mean so much to me! I wrote this post over a week ago now, just late posting! July 21, 2015 One month-It has been exactly one month since I've seen and talked to my Granny.  I have thought about what I have wanted to write in this post a million times, and a million times more have wanted to sit down and write it, but never could bring myself to do so. Well, I got my hair cut yesterday and all I could hear is my Granny saying, "Your Papa would be maaadd at you" and "Nooo you didn't cut it off". And again this morning, as I made my coffee, I am laughing at the last time I fixed coffee for my Granny. It was the week of June 15th and I was staying with her. I made coffee for myself and convinced her to try it.  It was way  too strong (Thank you Keurig for taking away my ability to make coffee in a regular pot). Granny responded with "oooo that's bitter" but then came the "it'll be alright...just a

We are Adopting!!

It's been a while since I have written a post, and I couldn't be more excited and thankful that this is my first post back. WE are ADOPTING! I won't post the story here, and will let you read what I wrote on our fundraising website. I wanted to just give an update on what we've done so far in the adoption process, what are our next steps, and how you can help! What have we done so far: We are working with Christian Adoption Consultants for our adoption and couldn't be more blessed to be working with our consultant, Leah! She has been awesome! I was blessed to be able to meet her, and her precious daughter Haven when I was in Jacksonville, Florida visiting with some sweet college friends. We used Nathanson Adoptions for our Home Study, and again, the Lord answered our prayers in matching us with an incredible social worker, Liz. The homestudy included in depth interviews with Brett and me about our past as a couple, our marriage, and our plans for the fu