Skip to main content

Half a Year Already??

6 Months Old!!

This month was filled with fun as our sweet boy continues to grow and become more interactive. We also LOVED spending our favorite holiday with him and celebrated BIG TIME right before Christmas when his adoption was final on December 22! 

Another quick info and photo dump post...too busy enjoying baby boy to keep up with the blog with my personal thoughts/growth as I journey on in motherhood! It'll come eventually!

Eating: 5-6 times a day, anywhere from 4-6 ounces (Staying consistent with that!) He had tried avocado before turning 5 months old, but was not super interested so we decided not to push it. At Christmas, I gave him table food to see how that would go...(green limas, potatoes, deviled eggs and ham! He LOVED the eggs and gnawing on ham, but gagged everything else back out. I knew that would happen but am so proud of him for using those gag reflexes and getting it all out without really choking! It is seriously so much fun watching him learn!)
Naps: Stays awake for 2 hour increments; naps 4 times a day, anywhere from 20 minutes to an hour
Sleeping at night: We brought back the swaddle the night before he turned 5 months old and he slept through the night, which lasted maybe 5 days? We are now going 10-12 hours without eating through the night, but still up every 2 hours through the night. We have definitely broken the rules and put him in bed with us so we can all get a couple hours of sleep! 
Play: Sat up really well by himself for the fist time today! Loves the door jumper &  his new floor jumperoo from Nana and Papa for Christmas! He still LOVES being outside and recently really found his feet. He continues to roll tummy to back but is trying so hard to roll back to tummy...We'll get there! 
As of today he is also officially sitting up unassisted!!! Communication: Squeals ALL the time, looks back up at us often, grabs our faces, leans in for kisses now and recognizes us across a room in crowded places
New Experiences: Enjoyed watching his first Christmas parade and Carolina Hurricanes hockey game.  

Even not getting the best sleep at night, we are in a really good routine and I am so thankful for flexibility. I have ALWAYS been a very Type A person, so I am shocked at myself not implementing a more strictly scheduled routine. However, being so flexible has allowed our big boy to be a trooper for late night Hockey, dinners out, and traveling!

Enjoy these pictures and keep reading for a quick blurb on adoption finalization!

Christmas Parade!

12.3.16

Gives the best kisses! 12.5.16


Still so happy! 12.5.16 

Favorite Toys right now! 12.5.16

Looking like such a big boy! 12.6.16

Visit with Auntie Amanda, Addy and Nora! Addy is the best "big sister"


Greater than the waves of the sea
is God's love for me!

Practicing Sitting up! 12.7.16









   Tazz is SLOWLY warming up
   but Zac LOVES him! 12.9.16

                                                                               2nd official time in Jumper! 12.9.16



12.10.16 Heading to TAPS group
Christmas Party!










Outfit from Auntie Amanda.


Painting! 12.13.16

First Hockey Game! Go Canes!
12.13.16

Small Group Christmas Party 12.15.16


Another Favorite Toy!






Friends Classy Christmas Party 12.16.16


He LOVES books! 

Mom's small group girls loving on Zac!12.18.16

Celebrating NC Christmas! 12.18.16











LOVES this book! 

Because you have to get a picture with a boy and his nerf gun! ha

When in Alabama...


Zac with his Great Grandparents

12.24.16


Getting in some play time with his jumper from Nana and Papa! 12.23.16


New thing...Sticking out his tongue! Zac loves Aunt Autumn!

Christmas in MS 12.26.16

New toys are fun!


Zac loves his Daddy! 12.28.16

And Tazz still isn't sure about him! 12.31.16




Sitting up in the bath makes it more fun!!
Loving our bath toys from
Uncle Josh and Aunt Hannie
12.31.16

Big boy having fun and being so content when mommy is sick!

New Year's Eve as Parents! 




Sitting up!

Growing so fast!


Officially Official...
On December 22, 2016, Zachary James officially became a Watson. I blogged specifically about that date here but what a special day it was for us. We were able to do his finalization over the phone in Alabama so our friends and family were able to come celebrate with us that evening, complete with pizza of course! The judge officially declared him "legally and forever our son"! We continue to learn so much more about God's love for us through parenting our precious son, whom we love because he is OURS! I wish I had time to blog more about that, but we take each moment with him as such a gift. We continue to keep in contact with his birthmom which is another big blessing! 


6 month stats:
Weight 19 lb 11.5 oz (80th percentile)
Length 27 in (63rd percentile)
Head Circumference 17.25 in (45th percentile)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Answered Prayer

The news we have been waiting for... We are MATCHED!!! This last week has been a beautiful whirlwind as we received news on Monday that an expectant mom, "K", that we had presented to wanted to talk with Brett and I on the phone to "confirm" us as the family chosen to parent her sweet baby. The Lord continues to be in every detail and we are so overwhelmed by His grace and faithfulness! We received an email that they were looking for a couple to match with this mom back in March. We were presenting to another expectant mom at the time so were unable to have our profile shown to her then. We did not match with the mom we presented to at that time and received two no's before our consultant sent an email saying that K had not matched with anyone yet, and they were reaching back out to see if any other families were interested. We of course said YES, and all I could think about was that she didn't match in March because that was our baby...I also said

"Their Hearts are Steadfast, Trusting in the Lord"

A verse I had no idea would grow to mean so much to me! I wrote this post over a week ago now, just late posting! July 21, 2015 One month-It has been exactly one month since I've seen and talked to my Granny.  I have thought about what I have wanted to write in this post a million times, and a million times more have wanted to sit down and write it, but never could bring myself to do so. Well, I got my hair cut yesterday and all I could hear is my Granny saying, "Your Papa would be maaadd at you" and "Nooo you didn't cut it off". And again this morning, as I made my coffee, I am laughing at the last time I fixed coffee for my Granny. It was the week of June 15th and I was staying with her. I made coffee for myself and convinced her to try it.  It was way  too strong (Thank you Keurig for taking away my ability to make coffee in a regular pot). Granny responded with "oooo that's bitter" but then came the "it'll be alright...just a

We are Adopting!!

It's been a while since I have written a post, and I couldn't be more excited and thankful that this is my first post back. WE are ADOPTING! I won't post the story here, and will let you read what I wrote on our fundraising website. I wanted to just give an update on what we've done so far in the adoption process, what are our next steps, and how you can help! What have we done so far: We are working with Christian Adoption Consultants for our adoption and couldn't be more blessed to be working with our consultant, Leah! She has been awesome! I was blessed to be able to meet her, and her precious daughter Haven when I was in Jacksonville, Florida visiting with some sweet college friends. We used Nathanson Adoptions for our Home Study, and again, the Lord answered our prayers in matching us with an incredible social worker, Liz. The homestudy included in depth interviews with Brett and me about our past as a couple, our marriage, and our plans for the fu