Skip to main content

Five Months!

Wow! Time is flying by way too fast, but we are so thankful for our sweet baby boy and that the Lord has entrusted him to us!

The last month has been the toughest one yet, but fun at the same time. We got no sleep and experienced lots of firsts [trying to remember there will be a season of "lasts" (like in our too near future, a last time he will be stationary and instead be on the move) so soaking them up!] Zac helped me vote in his first election, he spent his first weekend away from me & a separate weekend away from both of us (so a first weekend with the grandparents), his first two teeth came in, he tried his first foods (avocado) & he had his first Thanksgiving! He's sitting up (not for long periods of time without me or a pillow behind him) and he's laughing more and more.

Teething and sleep regression, along with his paci association and now being able to take his paci out but not find it in the middle of the night to put back in, have had me up every hour, that turned into every 15 minutes most nights this month. However, I know it's a season and these fun moments make up for it right?

Early Voting! 11.3.16

11.5.16 Mommy's first weekend away! Thankful Daddy sent these pics! Tazz is warming up.



11.5.16

        
  Mommy's Night Out in Nashville!

Celebrating my SOON to be sister in law!

Enjoyed seeing this sweet friend
(after 3? years maybe) and meeting her precious son!

11.8.16 Practicing sitting up

11.12.16 Zac's weekend with Nana and Papa while
mommy and daddy hang out with middle school students!
= still not much sleep! ha but I love these girls!

11.13.16 Someone missed Daddy 
On November 14th, we got to meet our sweet friends' adopted daughter! She was born on November 2nd (Exactly 4 months after Zac) and we are over the moon excited to do this parenting thing (and adoption too!) with this precious family! Until finalization, pictures cannot be shared but we love God's faithfulness in their story and cannot wait to share pictures of Zac growing up with this sweet girl! Follow their journey on https://nateandjennyadopt.wordpress.com/

11.16.16 Still loves books and enjoying sitting...
Tummy time-ehh...not so much

11.16.16 First two teeth came through today!
11.17.16 He doesn't let me hold him much anymore so
soaking it up while I can =) 


11.18.16 Still Loves Bath Time!

11.18.16 Forward Facing for 1st time.
He LOVES it!

11.20.16 When mommy dresses me for church!
Isn't he adorable!!
11.20.16 First food...Avocado!
He did great, but we ended up stopping purees
because he wasn't super interested after the first try!




First


Thanksgiving

11.24.16

11.25.16 Day after Thanksgiving Christmas Tree day!




11.25.16


Overnight Date Night
Thanks to Grammy & Grandpa Doc

Outdoor Iceskating
11.27.16 Treasuring these things in my heart! 

5 MONTHS OLD!! 12.2.16

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Answered Prayer

The news we have been waiting for... We are MATCHED!!! This last week has been a beautiful whirlwind as we received news on Monday that an expectant mom, "K", that we had presented to wanted to talk with Brett and I on the phone to "confirm" us as the family chosen to parent her sweet baby. The Lord continues to be in every detail and we are so overwhelmed by His grace and faithfulness! We received an email that they were looking for a couple to match with this mom back in March. We were presenting to another expectant mom at the time so were unable to have our profile shown to her then. We did not match with the mom we presented to at that time and received two no's before our consultant sent an email saying that K had not matched with anyone yet, and they were reaching back out to see if any other families were interested. We of course said YES, and all I could think about was that she didn't match in March because that was our baby...I also said

"Their Hearts are Steadfast, Trusting in the Lord"

A verse I had no idea would grow to mean so much to me! I wrote this post over a week ago now, just late posting! July 21, 2015 One month-It has been exactly one month since I've seen and talked to my Granny.  I have thought about what I have wanted to write in this post a million times, and a million times more have wanted to sit down and write it, but never could bring myself to do so. Well, I got my hair cut yesterday and all I could hear is my Granny saying, "Your Papa would be maaadd at you" and "Nooo you didn't cut it off". And again this morning, as I made my coffee, I am laughing at the last time I fixed coffee for my Granny. It was the week of June 15th and I was staying with her. I made coffee for myself and convinced her to try it.  It was way  too strong (Thank you Keurig for taking away my ability to make coffee in a regular pot). Granny responded with "oooo that's bitter" but then came the "it'll be alright...just a

We are Adopting!!

It's been a while since I have written a post, and I couldn't be more excited and thankful that this is my first post back. WE are ADOPTING! I won't post the story here, and will let you read what I wrote on our fundraising website. I wanted to just give an update on what we've done so far in the adoption process, what are our next steps, and how you can help! What have we done so far: We are working with Christian Adoption Consultants for our adoption and couldn't be more blessed to be working with our consultant, Leah! She has been awesome! I was blessed to be able to meet her, and her precious daughter Haven when I was in Jacksonville, Florida visiting with some sweet college friends. We used Nathanson Adoptions for our Home Study, and again, the Lord answered our prayers in matching us with an incredible social worker, Liz. The homestudy included in depth interviews with Brett and me about our past as a couple, our marriage, and our plans for the fu